POP is an organisation and an “APP Entity” for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). POP may handle certain personal information of yours and is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act in doing so. We are legally bound by the APP’s and are required to collect, protect, handle and disclose personal information in accordance with the standards set out in those APP’s.
What is your “Personal Information”?
Your Personal Information is information about you, or an opinion about you as an individual who is identified (or reasonably identifiable) from that information.
We handle Personal Information generally in accordance with this Policy. This Policy is not entirely exhaustive, so please feel free to contact us should you wish for more information.
What Personal Information do we collect?
The Personal Information we collect and hold about you includes, but is not limited to things like:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your address;
- your gender;
- your contact phone number and email; and
- your Tax File Number, bank account details and/or other financial or business information required for us to provide professional services to you.
We do not collect and store Personal Information that is not necessary for us to carry out our services.
We do not collect any sensitive information, such as your health data, political or religious views, sexual orientation or the like (Sensitive Information). If we do collect Sensitive Information, we obtain your clear and express permission to obtain it and tell you why we are asking for it, and then delete that Sensitive Information when we have finished using it for the specific purpose for which you provided it.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
You volunteer it – you may provide us with your Personal Information voluntarily. For example, signing up for POP’s services, or setting up an account with us as a user will require you to provide certain Personal Information. Some of our services will require you to do likewise, should you wish to use them.
If you use our enquiry forms, you will need to volunteer contact information so that we can get back to you. You voluntarily providing your information is the primary manner in which we collect Personal Information.
If you do not wish us to have your Personal Information, you are under no obligation to provide it in this manner;
- program integration – in using our services, you might authorise us to connect our services to those of a third-party (such as Xero, Facebook, etc.). If you authorise us to do this, you are authorising us to also access Personal Information that might have been collected by those third-party service providers and to use it in accordance with this Policy. You can always revoke those authorities.
Third-party services themselves are not covered by this Policy and you should make yourself aware of any terms that apply to those third-party services.
Please note that our website and App may have links to third-party websites and services. We are not responsible for the practices of those third parties and make no representations and warranties in relation to them – you should take time to familiarise yourself with the policies of any third parties when providing them with your Personal Information.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information in order to run our business. Personal Information is required for us to do a number of things including:
- providing you with our professional services;
- responding to your inquiries and contacting you generally;
- allowing you to use our App and restricted areas of our website;
- to receive payment for our provision of services to you;
- to provide you with limited communications regarding products and services you might be interested in;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;